Building immunity helps your body to heal. You can build your immune system to help resist viral diseases and recover more quickly from any illnesses or injury. Listed below are some of the suggestions from natural medicine doctors and experts in disease prevention and treatment that may be helpful in your efforts to stay healthy. Please note, we are not a primary care provider. Our office does not treat, diagnose, or prescribe care for infectious disease or viral infections. Contact your primary care provider with any questions about the information, below.
This information is for education purposes only, and is not medical advice or substitute for medical advice. Discuss any medical information, decisions, or potential treatments with your health care professional.
Preventative Vitamins and Supplements for Viral Illnesses, COVID, Flu, RSV
An important way to resist virus related illness is to boost your immune system through Prophylaxis (prevention) vitamin intake and nutrient-based supplements.
Front Line Covid Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) has reliable information including protocols for prevention and early outpatient treatment. See their website for more in depth information: A Guide to Preventing COVID-19, Influenza and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV).
Please check website for current protocols as they are updated frequently.
- Antiseptic mouthwash: Gargle twice daily (do not swallow) Scope™, Act™, Crest™, or 3% hydrogen peroxide (see below).
- Vitamin D3: 2000-5000 IUs per day
- Vitamin C: 500-1000 mg 2x per day
- Quercetin or Resveratol: 400-500 mg per day
- Zinc: 20-50 mg per day
- Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 1 mg and increase as tolerated to 6 mg at night.
- Elderberry Syrup: During periods of high transmission
Note: You can purchase many of these supplements online, at your health food store, or on our Nutridyn online shop.
Hydrogen Peroxide Gargling
The use of food grade Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) for mouth wash and gargling has shown to be effective in deactivating viruses (including the coronavirus) within seconds. You can get saline nasal spray online or at drug stores. Pour half out and fill with 3% hydrogen peroxide for a 1.5% nasal spray solution. In a study published in June 2020 by the NIH, they proposed using two puffs (about 0.28 ml) of 1.5% H2O2 nasal spray into each nostril two times daily, combined with a mouth wash and gargling for 1 min with a 3% H2O2 solution two times daily.
Click here for more information.
Dr. Shallenberger explains how Vitamin A can help prevent and fight viral infections. Read his article here. (Note: pregnant or nursing women should not be taking extra Vitamin A.)
Mild Symptoms at Home
There are some things you can do at home if you’re experiencing symptoms. Consult your doctor, and if you are interested you can review supplements and other recommendations in the Frontline Covid Critical Care Alliance website.
Also, see below for Hydrogen Peroxide Nebulization.
Hydrogen Peroxide Nebulization
Hydrogen Peroxide nebulization has been reported to be helpful in preventing and treating respiratory viral infections. Several authors and natural medicine doctors have written articles on the benefits of hydrogen peroxide nebulization.
Click here for further details.
“Let’s continue to be smart and not scared.”George Kramer, M.D.
Medical Disclaimer: The information contained above is for information and educational purposes only and should not in any way be construed as medical recommendations or advice. Information is obtained from external referenced sources and is not originated by Dr. Kramer. All information should be discussed with your doctor or medical provider. Dr. Kramer is not a primary care provider. He does not treat, diagnose, or prescribe care for infectious disease or viral infections. Advanced Medicine Alternatives is a natural and regenerative medicine clinic that treats musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction.